Monday, February 06, 2006

Still waiting...

It's now officially been over 4 weeks since our fingerprint appointment and we STILL have not received our I-171H form. I've been trying to be patient...we were told 3-4 weeks...but this is getting ridiculous! What's worse is that our agency contact called USCIS on Friday to try to find out what the holdup was and they apparently have not returned her call yet! Nice. I wish I could take that long to return a phone call at MY job.

At least we did get our video as promised from the agency on Saturday. It's only about 4 minutes long but it's enough for me to see that my little boy is being well taken care of and he looks very healthy and happy. They videotaped his foster mom opening up the package I sent and she seemed to like it very much. She immediately replaced the blanket that was in Cameron's carrier and put the new blanket I had made under him (he is laying on it in some of the pictures I got too). All the while Cameron is just really calm yet alert and wide-eyed, and he seems like a mellow little baby! I can tell even from this short video that his foster mom must care very much for him. I cannot imagine how hard that must be to care for these infants as if they are your own and still know in your heart they will leave someday. They are very wonderful women in my opinion.

I did get very emotional watching the DVD as you might imagine. Ok, maybe very emotional is an understatement. I completely LOST IT...I had a complete and total meltdown. As soon as it started playing I began sobbing uncontrollably, you know the kind of sobs where you can hardly catch your breath? That was me, sitting on the floor in front of the TV in my living room just sobbing. I was just so overcome with emotion at seeing my baby boy in live action, seeing his foster mom interact with him, knowing that she was experiencing all the joys that I am missing right now. It was suddenly so overwhelming and I guess I had a lot of built up emotions that had to get out! (Of course it also didn't help that we had a bowling tournament on Saturday afternoon so we had been out drinking most of the afternoon and evening prior to coming home and finding the DVD in the mail. Drinking apparently makes me more susceptible to crying fits, I've noticed this on other occasions though not to this extent.) And my poor husband didn't know WHAT to do with me because he couldn't get me to stop crying OR stop watching the clip over and over again. Somehow he finally got me to settle down and go to bed though I'm not sure when or how. The next morning was rough, not only from the hangover but my eyes were puffy and sore from crying too. I must have looked a mess at church...oh well!

Anyway, that's my news for today, or lack of news I guess. I hope those yahoo's at USCIS call back tomorrow or I'm gonna have to start sending hate mail or something. Geesh, they are as bad as our human resources department at my work...but that's a story for another day!

3 Comments:

Blogger Foxxy One said...

Maybe this will help...

http://uscis.gov/graphics/services/finding.htm

5:52 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Waiting for the I-171H was like torture. It took the MI office 10 weeks to send ours. They kept losing our HS. I started calling the officer directly myself. She seemed kind of annoyed by that. I hope yours comes in soon!

I can't blame you for crying watching the video. I would too for sure. I'm glad you finally got it though.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

i love your blog..and i am praying for the wait to be bearable!
loves!

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home