Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Seriously annoyed!

I'm so annoyed at our *bleep* *bleep* *bleeping* medical insurance carrier I could seriously scream right now!

Ok, let me tell you the situation. My husband's company changed insurance carriers this past year to get better rates and better coverage. Ok, great...but the doctors we had been going to were no longer covered and we would have to switch. Crap. We put it off as long as possible but we both needed physicals for our home study and we had to take the plunge. So we go to the web site, find a new doctor, call to make sure they are accepting patients, have all our records transferred, the whole deal.

So then today I went out on their website to just take a peek at pediatricians (may as well add one more item to my list of things to stress over, and besides I was killing time at work). So I'm looking up doctors in our area and I noticed there were some listed from the clinic we used to go to...the clinic we discontinued going to because the new insurance didn't cover our old doctors. At this point I'm thinking it's weird that they would cover pediatricians from there and not regular family practitioners and I get suspicious. Would those *bleep* *bleep* *bleepers* go and add doctors from our old clinic to their list of providers only a couple of months after we went through all the hassle of switching? Oh yes, those jackasses sure as hell did! I did a search and found that both mine and my husband's previous doctors are now covered by our insurance! What the $#&*??? I'm so pissed right now I can't even believe it! I mean, I LIKE my new doctor, I really do, but I liked my old doctor too and she actually knew me whereas this new woman is vouching for my health and sanity on our adoption paperwork when she has seen me once before in her life!

I guess it's water under the bridge at this point and I don't plan on changing back but it's sure annoying. Stupid *bleep* *bleep* *bleepers*. I hate insurance!

2 Comments:

Blogger Betsy said...

This is all you need right now! Can't believe it. Could you switch back to the old docs or would you have to wait another year? Sucks!

11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm an insurance lawyer and *I* hate insurance companies. What does that tell you?

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home