Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Good news today!

We got an e-mail from the agency today letting us know our dossier had arrived and they were going to just look it over quickly then send everything off to our attorney today! Fantastic! I'm amazed at how quickly they turned that around at the Consulate's office and sent it out! Incidentally, they did NOT use the pre-paid mailer tracking number I had sent so it's a good thing I was not compulsively watching it for the last 3 days!

Then I sent out our first half of the country fee today so I have another package to track! That means our check and the dossier packet should arrive at the same time which seems like a good thing. Now if only the I-171H Gods would shine on us and we could that that in the mail quickly we will be set! I know it will be a while yet for that but at least things are moving along now after 3 weeks of nothing!

And last but not least I sent out a package to our sweet little boy today. It's a flannel blanket that I made for him along with this cute little outfit (OshKosh B'Gosh of course) and a disposable camera with a note for the foster mom that my wonderful sister-in-law translated for me. Hopefully everything arrives safely at it's intended destination, though I feel confident that it will be fine since the agency staff is bringing it. I was really emotional about sending everything for some reason, I think that knowing this was going to our baby really brought a sense of reality to the situation that I hadn't felt as much up until now. It's hard to explain. Anyway, I hope he likes everything! :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

SWEET! I love the blankie and outfit! I'm so glad things are perking along, and I hope you get your 171-H quickly.

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It must seem so much more real now that you've been able to send a package to your little boy, and a letter to his foster mom. Well done with the blankie and outfit, very cute! May everything go smoothly and very quickly...

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad things are movin' along for you. Great job w/ the blanket and outfit. Very cute. You are going to make a great mom!

8:59 PM  
Blogger Dennise said...

Ditto to what everyone has said. I hope your 171 comes soon. I remember how anxious I was waiting for that darn thing.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Tiff said...

Love the blanket and outfit! **Sending you good 171-H Vibes!**

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home