Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Wow, I finished something!

Remember that quilt project that I was talking about in this post? The one I was going to maybe finish that weekend or soon after? Well, I didn't quite get it done as quickly as I hoped, but I finally finished it yesterday! Check it out!

The pattern is called "Hidden Star" though unfortunately the stars ended up being a lot more hidden than I had expected. If you look closely at the red fabric, those triangles do make the outline of a star, but the contrast fabric (blue with flags) isn't enough of a contrast to bring it out. Oh well. It's only a lap quilt for myself so I don't care! It's warm and snuggly and I love it! So do my kitties, and as it turns out it's a kitty cat cuddle magnet! I love to cuddle with my kitties, too bad the thing is already full of cat hair though! Drat! (Kim, does this look familiar?)

I think my next project is going to be something super cute for our baby boy! I already have some fabric in my stash that I think I'm going to use that will be perfect! I feel inspired now, I have to keep this momentum going! And hopefully keeping busy will help pass the time until he is home with me! The agony of 2 weeks with no news is killing me, what will I do for the next several months? Agh!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I think it looks great and I can definitely see the stars. I'm impressed that you finished it. I haven't worked on mine since I posted that picture months ago.

Love the kitty in the picture also. Very cute and very familiar.

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Kristin, it's beautiful. I'm so so impressed. Great idea to do one for your son. Do you have a name for him yet?

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the quilt, you are so clever Kristin! I can imagine how special making the next one is going to be, each stitch a stitch of love... and a way to help you manage the waiting...

4:55 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

It's gorgeous! I am so untalented, I don't knit or quilt or anything.

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home