Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Finally a little update

I e-mailed our consultant at the agency last night and politely asked why we hadn't received any updates of any kind on our little boy since the initial referral and if this is normal (it's been over 5 weeks since we accepted the referral). We had been told that some of the staff was traveling there this week and were supposed to bring back updates but I just couldn't wait until next week to hear something!

Anyway, I'm glad I bugged her because she e-mailed back right away this morning and apologized for the lack of info so far. She said that because the staff was traveling down this week our attorney's office had not been sending updates since they would be there to get them in person. She did confirm that our dossier and check were received by our attorney and that our paperwork was being translated and legalized though so things are moving along. And of course they need our I-171H before we can move on with DNA testing, but they are doing what they can.

Then she said that the 2 ladies who went down to Guatemala from the agency were meeting with our attorney today and will be filming and getting updates on as many of the babies as they can. She said that our son was first on the list since he was one of the most recent referrals! They should be bringing back a copy of his medical info to date, and will send this and the pics and video out to us as soon as they can next week sometime. She did caution us to be patient since they were visiting 50 or more children so it may take time to sort through everything and get it sent out, but we should definitely get to see our little boy very soon! Woo-hoo!

So it's not much but it's enough to get me through the week! Now PLEASE Mr. Postman can you deliver us our I-171H? Pretty please?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, how are you meant to be patient huh?!! Sending out "hang in there" vibes... It won't be long before you'll have pictures (perhaps video too?) and more information on your precious baby boy.
hugs

4:53 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

YEAH! Finally some news. I'm so glad things are moving. I hope you get your I-171H like NOW!!!

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait for you to get your update and pics. I can't wait to hear any new news you have. Let's get this boy HOME!

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, this sounds like a great step in the right direction...oh my gosh, they ahve 50 babies waiting for referrals, I would thought 3-4...I guess then I can understand the slowless of the process...not that it HELPS you feel any better. I am on pins and needles waiting for you to hear some more. Update us soon!

10:54 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Hooray, Great news!

Come on I-171H.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Dennise said...

good news...

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home