Wednesday, February 15, 2006

From good to better

First of all, I can't believe it's been so long since I posted anything! What a slacker! I guess I didn't have anything to say but to whine about our missing paperwork so I was just avoiding the computer. I'm back now and have good news!

I was feeling really crabby and frustrated all week and had been planning to e-mail our case worker to see if she had any news when suddenly I got an e-mail from her! Our attorney said our documents have all been translated and legalized and we are entering family court! She is waiting for a social worker to be assigned then our case can get moving! Woo-hoo! Finally things are happening! She assured us that things could still move along even without the I-171H, just not DNA testing but that paperwork was also being prepared and as soon as our immigration clearance arrived that would get moving too. Ok, cool. Enough to get me through another day anyway!

Then I got home from work and guess what was in the mail?!? Our I-171H finally arrived after a 5 1/2 week wait from hell! Oh happy day! We are SOOOOOO relieved to have that sucker in hand! Oh yeah, then my dog almost ripped it in half because she was having a needy "you've been gone all day pay attention to me" moment and started pawing at the letter I was reading. Luckily I got it up high enough in time to avoid disaster! Wouldn't that have been cool to send a ripped and taped up I-171H to our agency!

Anyway, now I can relax a little bit before I start my next round of worry and anxiety over DNA testing! I wonder how long THAT will take! One day at a time...deep breaths...I just have to keep up a positive attitude and it will all be ok, right?!?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally! Wonderful news. I was getting a bit concerned about you--I check your blog daily. Not like you not to say ANYTHING :) Glad you are back. Let's hope for a quick Family Court so we can get you to PGN.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

yes, i agree..a quick Family Court! That's what i will be praying! and..i am glad your cat-like reflexes rescued the letter from dog!
phew!

5:41 AM  
Blogger Tiff said...

You're getting there, girl, you're getting there! :)

7:37 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great news, Kristin! Yep, one step at a time, you'll get DNA testing done, don't worry!

Do you know if your boy was born at home, or in a hospital? Apparently they are expediting home births for DNA and still stalled a bit on hospital births. But I think they're moving them along. And once it's done, results come back quickly.

You are on your way!

8:23 AM  
Blogger Dennise said...

Great news!!!

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's better...some good news...and things moving along.

So pleased for you Kristin...another step closer to bringing your baby home...

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home