Thursday, July 13, 2006

Finally, we are home!

Well we're back! We got home LATE last night around 1:30 am. Cameron slept almost the entire flight from Guatemala city to Atlanta and was really good the rest of the flight then slept almost all the way from Atlanta to Milwaukee. We missed our connection in Atlanta because Delta's worst employee of the year answered our question incorrectly about a gate change to our flight (long story) so had to take a later flight out and didn't get into Milwaukee until 11:30ish. Got home and finally got bugger to bed at around 2:45am (in the pack and play in our bedroom...not his crib just yet!).

We've actually had Cameron with us since Saturday afternoon (our attorney and foster mom were able to bring him early!) and he's doing really great and even better than I could have imagined. He's eating and sleeping well and is just overall a happy little guy. Brian says he is a momma's boy but I think he just wasn't used to men so much as he was probably only ever around his foster mom and other women. I have seen him warm up to Brian more and more as the days go by, and they'll be out fishing together in no time!

Today at home has been pretty good and we are getting back to our "normal" routine that we had at the hotel. Our one dog has been super with the baby and just likes to try to lick his feet...our other dog has had a bit of a problem and has been in "time out" several times already today. I honestly don't think she's meaning to be aggressive towards him but wants to get in his face and check him out and "play" with this new thing but it's scaring the bejeesus out of me and the baby so that's been a little stressful. We'll see how this works out in a few days...any advice on acclimating an animal to an 8 month old??

Anyway...baby's napping and I'm going to lay down for a bit. I'm running on about 3 hours sleep from last night and I'm going to crash tonight! I'll write more later and get some pictures up, I promise!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home! Sounds like you all are adapting pretty good. Isn't it an incredible feeling to lie listening to your son's sleeping-breathing?!!

On the dog front, we put up a child safety gate in front of the kitchen, which kept our two dogs away from Mason, but able to watch what was going on in the living room. We also allowed them sniffing time when 2 adults were around to supervise! After a while we felt more comfortable to have them lying next to Mason's rocker, but only if we were present. Good luck!

And don't forget to give us frequent updates :)

4:40 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

Yay, welcome home, family! So glad Cameron slept on the plane, what a good boy!

I've got cats, so no advice on the dogs, but I wish you luck. Get some sleep!

6:57 AM  
Blogger Tiff said...

Yeah!!!! Glad you are home...and welcome back!
Sorry, I have no animal advice though.
Congrats, mom!

7:33 AM  
Blogger Well-heeled mom said...

The Boy was not used to men either, but warmed up in no time at all, although he still prefers to be with me at 4 years old. Dad can take him fishing or whatever and he's fine for awhile, then it's "Let's go get mommy." Don't know what to do about that. My black lab tolerates The Boy, but has never really liked him. He still looks at us like "Is he really sticking around, cause I'm over it."

Welcome home.

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home!!!! I'm glad you are all safely back home and adjusting. I know what you mean about wanting to keep him in the pack n play next to you. A separate room feels so far away at first (Gabe slept in his for a few weeks). I'm soooooo happy for you!

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home