Wednesday, June 07, 2006

What a crappy day

We had this major re-structure at my work today and several people got let go. There has been a lot of this going on over the past year since our company was bought out, but this time it hit a little too close for comfort. Granted, one of the girls whose job was eliminated was really dead weight and I had been hoping she would quit or get fired or something...but when it actually happens it's really upsetting and I feel so horrible about it now. I have spent so much time bitching and moaning about her and her incompetence that I sort of forgot that she's a human being with feelings and this situation totally sucks for her. I'm such an ass. I do hope she is able to go out and find a better job, one that she actually likes and maybe is even good at. I'm trying to keep believing that everything happens for a reason, even when that reason isn't clear at the time.

As a result of this re-org, I was moved into a completely different product category for some reason. (I work in product develpment for a children's clothing company and have worked in Girl's since I started there 5 1/2 years ago...now have been moved to Boys.) The big boss lady says it's so her employees get cross-trained in other areas which sort of makes sense. In some ways I do welcome to the challenge because I've been in kind of a rut with what I've been doing lately, but on the other hand it seems like such stupid timing because they know I'm going to be gone soon for 8 weeks. So we'll see how this plays out. I can't worry too much over it, I have enough worries clogging my brain already.

And still no word on PGN yet or anything in regards to our case. The agency staff is in Guatemala this week so I don't know how much commucation is really getting through from them back to the agency and on to the adoptive families. I'm just hanging out, trying to be patient. Good things come to those who wait, right? Right? *sigh*

3 Comments:

Blogger Well-heeled mom said...

See if you can come up with some really awesome boy's clothing styles, could you? It's a double edged sword - it's good there's not so much to choose from, but it's bad there's not so much to choose from.....

I hear PGN is moving S-L-O-W-L-Y right now. I try to keep up in case we move in that direction again. I guess it doesn't really matter, because it's never fast enough no matter where you get hung up in the process, or if you don't get hung up at all!

7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a stack of stress at your work. There is nothing you can do about the job cuts - so try not to let it get you too down. Look at the change of your position as a good thing - hey, timely too as you are now a mom of a little boy! The fact you are going to be taking 8 weeks leave is another thing that you'll have to try to not stress about. (btw I just love dressing my boy, male fashion is pretty cool down here in Australia at the moment. Mason also has strong ideas on what he wants to wear - think he may be in the fashion industry one day!)

I've been following the situation in Guat PGN and can only imagine how awful it is for all of you waiting. It's so out of your control.

Good things ARE going to be coming your way...I hope sooner rather than later! Hang in there my friend.

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, major work stress!

Hoping you get out of PGN NOW!

Hang in there. I know the wait can be HELL.

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home