Monday, April 17, 2006

Little things

Isn't it funny how some silly, seemingly insignificant thing can cause such an unexpected flood of emotion? I was doing laundry yesterday...not exciting, right? But instead of my normal underwear and socks, I was washing all the sweet little clothes I have accumulated over the past few months for Cameron and getting them all nice and fresh to take on our trip. And as I was folding a little footed sleeper (and realizing that I have no clue how to fold a footed sleeper properly), it suddenly dawned on me that I was doing laundry for my child! My baby is going to wear these clothes, the baby I have been waiting for almost 5 years for! This is actually happening, we are going to be parents at last! It was just this amazing emotional moment and I even got a little teary eyed. All this over footy pajama laundry. Wait until I have that little munchkin in my arms, I'm going to lose it!

We're going to Guatemala in 4 days!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. Like a whacko I STILL love doing Annabella's laundry. I still use baby ALl and I still wash everything before she wears it. I adore folding and putting away her stuff. (Our stuff I just want to throw in piles.)

Counting the days for you!

2:12 PM  
Blogger Well-heeled mom said...

I loved folding those tiny little pj's and wondering how anyone could be so little!! I also remembering holding my guy in Guatemala for the first time, and feeling in awe about how much I was in love with him...

Karen

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so remember the first time I washed baby clothes in preparation for Mason - seeing them hanging up all teeny tiny and cute...ahhhhhh
I, like Kerri, still love doing Mason's laundry...seeing it hanging, carefully folding it, putting it away in the right drawers....
It's all about being a mom isn't it?! Enjoy these "little" yet very special moments that help you believe you really are a mom. I can't wait until you write about your trip and holding Cameron for the first time.

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, sweet post. Yay, only 4 more days. Very excited for you.

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you leave tomorrow? Wishing you a great trip and a safe return. YIPPEEEEE!

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home