Monday, March 20, 2006

She only looks sweet and innocent

Since I don't have much to talk about as far as our adoption goes, I thought I would share a funny story about one of our furry children today! This is Maggy, our 9 year old Australian Shepherd mix (a.k.a. Mutt!). She was fresh from the groomers in this picture which is why she has the dorky butterfly bandana on...she probably wouldn't be happy if she knew I was posting this picture! Anyway, Maggy is a very sweet dog, and though she is normally all cuddles and kisses, when faced with any of her mortal enemies (the vacuum cleaner, the mailman, kids on bikes, and most of all the dreaded squirrel) this dog has a mean streak!

So today there was some commotion in the backyard while I was getting ready for work in the morning. I went out to investigate what was causing all the barking, and to let the dogs in before someone called the cops on us again (long story), only to find Maggy running towards me with a large chunk of unidentified furry something hanging out her mouth and a look of smug satisfaction on her face! I managed to get her to spit the mystery fluff out with some coaxing and found what appeared to be part of a squirrel tail! It looked like it was mostly fur so I think she just got the tip of it...but one unlucky squirrel had a really bad morning! She chases those squirrels around all the time, in fact Squirrel Patrol is her main concern while she is out in the backyard and she has even been known to climb partway up the big tree in our backyard before gravity brings her back down! Unfortunately they usually just taunt her from above and drive her crazy, but today was definitely her day of glory!


In other news, we found out that DNA testing was for sure done on Friday! So now we just wait for results, which the agency said usually takes up to 10 days. I'm assuming it could be sooner though so we may hear any day now! I guess I'll have to start checking my e-mail every 10 minutes again!

2 Comments:

Blogger Well-heeled mom said...

When we adopted from Guatemala (just celebrated the third homecoming of our son!!! time flies....)we were oblivious of the whole process at the DNA stage of things. I quickly educated myself regarding the steps involved in the adoption process, and now I think it would have been better to be oblivious. Ignorance is bliss sometimes!!! When you know what should happen, it's harder to be patient! Anyway, it does all manage to happen in the time it's supposed to happen, and the babies come home. Good luck in this journey.

Karen

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ewwww on the squirrel tail. I don't know if my two have ever seen a squirrel up close. Waiting , waiting for the test results! Can't wait to hear more.

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home