Tuesday, April 04, 2006

We booked our trip!

It's official, I booked our flight and hotel today and the agency confirmed our dates were ok with our attorney. We're going to Guatemala to meet our little boy! And we are going really soon!

We will fly out of Milwaukee on April 21st at 5:30AM (that will be a treat...), change planes in Atlanta and then arrive in Guatemala City around 11:45. They will bring Cameron to us at the hotel that afternoon and we'll have him all to ourselves until Monday sometime when they come pick him up (sniff, sniff), then we fly home Tuesday afternoon. We are super excited but at the same time slightly terrified! We will have a little time to talk to the foster mom about his eating and sleeping habits, likes and dislikes, etc., but after that we'll be left alone and clueless with a 5 month old! Let's hope all my old babysitting skills come back to me in a hurry!


So that's the quick scoop for tonight. It seems like we've been waiting forever to be able to go visit and now suddenly it's coming up so quickly! Lots to do...lots to pack...and a good reason to buy new fun baby clothes! ;)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, that is wonderful news. I'm so happy to read you are all booked and getting ready to set off and meet your son. How exciting...and yes a bit scary wondering how you'll manage - but you will, I just know you will! I'm so very pleased to log in today and read this update!

7:50 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Yikes Kristin, that is great! I'm so excited for you. Are you staying at La Casa Grande? I can't wait to see pictures. I hope you have a wonderful trip with your little guy.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

Yeah, baby! I'm so happy for you. May your visit trip be wonderful, may your adoption finish up quickly so you can bring him home soon!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Tiff said...

Yeah!!!!! The 21st is closing in quickly!

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't belive that you get to meet your little critter in 2 weeks, TWO weeks, how exciting and wonderful. What an amazing trip that will be!

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home