Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Post holiday musings

So all the build up and the shopping and hustle and bustle is over and another Christmas has come and gone. It was a good year for my hubby and I, though at times it was hard knowing that our son is down in Guatemala and we didn't get to spend his first Christmas with him. But we did get to spend some good quality family time AND got some good loot to boot.

My husband's brother and girlfriend got us our first gift for the baby, a sweet little outfit that has camping stuff and animals on it (perfect for us) and it just about brought me to tears. I didn't expect it from them, they are usually not that thoughtful! (Sorry but it's true!) Then my brother and sister-in-law sent us 2 books, "What to Expect the First Year" and "What to Expect in the Toddler Years" plus a big fat check which was totally unexpected and so incredibly generous of them! When we called to thank them they said they are so excited for us and they just really wanted to help with the expenses. I don't think they have any idea how much that meant to us, it was really a great surprise and I get teary just thinking about it! Do adoptive mothers get hormonal too?

Other than that we got at TON of DVD's, both movies and tv shows. It's amazing how many movies we got actually! My husband was joking that we should open up a movie rental place out of our garage to make extra cash! Hmmm...not a bad idea actually! Make a little cash AND pass the time before we can bring our baby home? Brilliant!

Unfortunately we have no new information on our son or any pictures yet. We met with our agency consultant today to finish up a few things and she was going to do some digging and see if she could get us an update and/or picture. It sounds like our contact in Guatemala is on vacation until January 9th though so we may not get anything until then! Ugh! I'm trying to be patient but that is a long time from now! I hope they can find something, even if it's not a good picture at least it's something! And I thought we would be able to send all of our paperwork to the consulate this week but it turns out we STILL don't have the final copy of our homestudy yet and probably won't until next week. Another Ugh! Our homestudy went from moving at the speed of light to moving at a snail's pace. We have been very patient and understanding because we know that our social worker had her baby very prematurely and has had obvious reasons to be slow in getting the paperwork finished but come on already! Time's up, we have a referral now, get 'er done!

Anyway, that's all for today! I hope everyone else had a nice holiday, whatever it is that you celebrate! One down, one to go! I'm looking forward to a very happy new year!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kritter. I know the wait time is HELL, never ever thought it would be so hard. I definitely have to "adoptive mom hormone syndrome". Things couldn't go fast enough. Hang in there.

10:54 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

The gifts sound great! I hope you get an update soon and the homestudy gets all sorted out.

PS - I'm still getting emotional about Gabe.

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home