Thursday, November 10, 2005

Full speed ahead

Things are starting to move along really fast with our adoption all of the sudden. We scheduled our 1st homestudy meeting for Monday afternoon and I’m nervous about that. Thank goodness this one is at her office so I don’t have to spend all weekend cleaning the house! Then we also got our 3rd packet of paperwork to fill out (joy), this time it is the application for the international program. This batch will be easy since it’s just a re-hash of stuff we already had to fill out for the homestudy application but it’s just a pain in the butt. Oh, and that fat check we have to send along with it doesn’t really excite me either. Once we complete that we meet with the international coordinator who will get us started on our dossier, probably before the end of the month. She said if all goes well and we keep on track with our paperwork and homestudy we could have a referral by Christmas!! I can’t believe it! I mean I know that there will still be months we have to wait after the referral but the fact that we are that close to it is amazing to me! Here's hoping that we don't hit too many roadblocks...maybe we will have a Merry Christmas this year after all!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tiff said...

That is what I just learned too. Once you get things started, it happenes FAST!
What time is your meeting on Monday, I have my individual homestudy on monday.
Best of luck!!

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got everything crossed you'll have that referral by Christmas.

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home