Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Nothing new

God, my life is boring! I was so excited to watch Lost tonight only to find it's a rerun and it screwed up my whole night! And no Ghost Hunters either! What the heck is a childless woman supposed to do on a Wednesday night while her hubby is at bowling, anyway? Cleaning? Laundry?!? Oh Hell no! I have vowed that I won't do housework on his bowling night, it's just a thing with me. You might suggest that I work on the quilt I spoke of in my last posting but I'm not in the mood and you just have to be in the mood for stuff like that. I did work on it Saturday and Sunday though, and that's something.

So I thought in lieu of being a couch potato staring at the boob tube I could write a lovely update on our adoption process in my blog tonight instead. Problem is there's nothing to update! I have all the paperwork done that I can do myself and now I'm just waiting for my husband's physical next week and for him to finish his autobiography, which he obviously isn't working on tonight since he's bowling. He has actually started it now and is very proud of the 2 paragraphs he typed all on his own (never mind the fact that I had to go back and fix all of the spelling and grammatical errors...he tried) but he has a lot more to do. I set a deadline of Tuesday for him though since his Dr. appointment is Tuesday and I want to send everything off on Wednesday and be done with it! So that's where we're at with that.

Otherwise, my life is pretty boring right now. Well, at least that's what I let people believe in order to keep the questions at bay. I have only told a select few people that we are adopting and I probably won't tell anyone else until we are further along in the process but it's hard not to spill! It's difficult because people keep asking us "what's new?" and as much as I want to burst out and tell them "WE'RE ADOPTING!" it just seems too early to talk about so I give my usual response of "Oh, nothing much".

It's weird because when someone gets pregnant there is an acceptable point where they tell people and everyone is happy for them and excited (except for the IF types who are bitter and jealous like me), and more importantly everyone understands the process. There is a due date and a pretty well known chain of events leading up to the birth of a bouncing baby boy or girl. People can relate. But with adoption the average Joe has no clue what's involved or how long it takes or even how to react to the news. It's not their fault, I didn't know a thing about adoption before a couple years ago when I started researching it, and even now I couldn't tell you what the "acceptable" response would be to the news. Let's face it, we're in the midst of the process and I still don't know exactly what to expect next or how long it will take before we bring our child home. It's frustrating to say the least. That's actually how I came up with the name of my blog, I feel like the road to adoption is like an unmarked path and you just have to sort of stumble along and try not to get lost! Thank goodness we have people to help along the way but I know it's going to be a bumpy road ahead! So in the mean time I'm keeping the news mostly to myself and when the time is right I'll spring it on people and just brace myself for all the questions! Hopefully I'll have some answers by then, for my own sanity's sake! And if not maybe I'll just start making stuff up. Who's gonna know? ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I can certainly understand not telling a lot of people about the adoption. I wish we had done that.

That's great that your husband actually started writing his autobiography. Hopefully he will meet his deadline.

I have a similar rule in that I don't do housework on Fridays. Instead I do what I want while Gabe naps.

5:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home