Saturday, October 22, 2005

Lazy Saturday

It's 7:30 am on a Saturday morning...do you know where your dogs are? Mine are generally jumping on the bed, attempting to give me doggy kisses (otherwise known to the non-dog-loving community as licking and slobbering on my face) and overall just irritating the crap out of me until I get up to let them outside and feed them. I suppose if my life consisted of sleeping, eating, and going outside, then I would probably behave in this manner too with a blatant disregard for the fact that it's Saturday and my mommy and daddy are trying to sleep in! So as usual, after several minutes of this I get up and hobble downstairs (my broken/sprained toe still bothers me after 3 weeks by the way) and they get to go pee and eat some chow, then my husband continues to sleep while I am now wide awake with hyper dogs. This happens pretty much every Saturday and Sunday of every weekend...with me being the one to get up with them 90% of the time...which makes me wonder if this trend will continue when it's a child waking us up instead. I expect so, and I guess I'm all right with that. That's what mommies are for, and it's starting to sink in that I'm going to be one soon! Huh.

Anyway, this was supposed to be a super busy weekend for me but things didn't turn out as planned. A group of my friends from work were going to make a trip to Six Flags Great America theme park for their Halloween Fright Fest. I haven't been to this for years but I remember it being really fun, not just because the rides kick ass, but also because they have the place all decked out with Halloween decorations and then they have random people dressed like characters from scary movies all over and just other fun stuff. Anyway, I really was looking forward to this weekend but the weather report for Saturday has been saying "rainy and cold" all week and those weather people picked today to be right! Rats! So now I find myself with a free day! Not that I don't have anything to do...I have tons of things I could be doing, several things I should be doing, but only and handful of things I want to be doing.

So I have decided that since fairly soon I won't be having much free time anymore on account of that whole mommyhood business, I am going to pull out a quilt project I started for myself a couple years ago but never finished and I'm going to put that sucker together! (Kerri and AJ if you are lurking out there, remember that flag print fabric I was talking about on the TTC boards a LONG time ago? It's that project...I never finished it.) I'm feeling very excited about this since I never seem to finish anything that I make for myself. I always start the thing, then put it away because I decide I need to make a baby quilt for a shower gift or a wedding or Christmas gift instead...things where there is a drop dead date that this item has to be complete or else I'm off to Target to buy something off the registry! When it's a project I'm making for myself there's no deadline, and I am the queen of procrastination! So I am officially taking today for myself and I hope that by the time I get around to posting here again I can show a picture of the finished quilt top! I'm sure I won't get around to quilting it just yet...baby steps!

Oh, there is one catch...I haven't quite finished my autobiography yet and I need to get that done quick so I can stop thinking about it! I'm stuck on the last question, "Why do you want to adopt a child?". It seems like such a simple question but the answer is kind of complex and I haven't quite ironed out what I want to say. The simple answer would be because we couldn't get pregnant, but obviously there is much more to it than that! I've been stewing on that one for a while... hopefully I can come up with the right words and can put this sucker to rest! Then it's up to my husband to get his work done so we can mail these in! I don't quite know how he's going to do this, he doesn't type and his handwriting is terrible and I can hardly read it, so I think I might have to be his secretary for a night and take dictation! It's a good thing we have a deadline on this one (supposedly 30 days from the date we received the 2nd packet) or we might never get it done!

Well...the dogs are napping and my husband is still sleeping...time to go dig out that fabric and get started!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Good luck on the quilt. I do the same thing (start 20 projects and never finish them). Are you going to post pictures of it?

Ben and I trade off on who gets up with the baby on Saturdays. The only problem is once I hear Gabe on the monitor I can never go back to sleep. Thankfully he's a good sleeper so I can't really complain.

5:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home