Wednesday, September 28, 2005

A little about myself

I guess I can introduce myself to any random friends or lurkers out there. My name is Kristin and I have been married to my wonderful husband for almost 6 years. We have 2 dogs, 4 cats, an African Grey parrot and several other misc. small birds and fish. I guess you can say we are a little animal crazy, but up until now they have been our only family. We spent the last 4 years trying to expand our family the "normal way", only to find after years of trying, infertility testing, treatment, etc., that my poor body just wasn't made to get pregnant after all. It's too bad my dr. couldn't figure out our problems BEFORE we spent tons of money on all of that, but once you know there is a medical condition then you can start to heal emotionally and move on.

Then a few months ago, after toying with the idea for a year and a half, we decided to pursue adoption. It's a scary prospect really, and one we haven't treaded into lightly, but it's such a wonderful feeling to be moving on after so many years. So for the past week we have been working on our application for a homestudy and gathering all of the necessary forms needed for this. It's a big pain in the you-know-where but unfortunately only the tip of the iceberg. Anyway, we almost have it all put together and I can't wait to send it all to the agency and wait for the next step!

So there is a quick nutshell of me. Now I have to get off the computer because one of my guilty pleasures is on the tube, Ghosthunters! Can't miss it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home