Friday, July 21, 2006

Two Weeks

I can hardly believe it but tomorrow will be 2 weeks since we took our son into our arms forever! And what a crazy, wonderful, amazing, stressful, exciting, tiring two weeks it has been! It's incredible how much Cameron has changed just in that two week span too! He definitely seems to have accepted Brian and I as his parents, or at least he trusts us as the people who will take care of his needs when he cries for us. He sleeps in his crib now in his own room and he still mostly sleeps through the night. He doesn't freak out so much anymore if we set him down to play while we pick up the house or little things like that, though we still have to stay pretty close but he's definitely more confident that we aren't going anywhere. He's significantly more comfortable with his Daddy and has even gotten used to all the fuzzy stuff on his face, though if he's tired or fussy he still prefers Mommy...but Daddy is ok if she's not around! He's figured out how to scoot around backwards and gets the funniest grin on his face as he's doing it like he's up to something! He hasn't figured out forwards yet but that will come very soon! And he's not pulling himself up yet but if you stand him up and give him something to hold onto he'll stand on his own for quite a while before he freaks out because he doesn't know how to sit himself down!

The dog situation is getting better and our "naughty" dog is starting to get past her jealousy I think. I still have to watch her very closely but there's definitely been improvement. The other dog is great around him, she just tries to lick his feet occasionally! The cats are fine too and actually come over by him and allow him to "pet" them until he starts getting too grabby! It's really funny and oh so cute!

Anyway...I could go on and on about my sweet little man! Parenting is definitely challenging and sometimes I wonder just what the hell I'm doing, but for the most part I think we're muddling through ok! Being a family is a wonderful thing and this time together makes all the waiting worthwile! I DO wish I had a little more computer time to keep up with all my online buddies, but I get online when I can a have been lurking more than posting. I'll get back into the swing eventually but in the mean time please know I'm thinking of you all! And as always thanks for all of your well-wishes and support!

5 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

It is so wonderful to read about you guys adjusting to each other!

5:35 AM  
Blogger Tiff said...

You sound so happy. :)

9:47 AM  
Blogger Dennise said...

I am so happy for you guys

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, parenting is a bit of a challenge - thank goodness they are such cuties hey?!!

I loved reading this entry, hearing all about your life as a mom and how Cameron is doing. Sounds like you are all adapting really well.

I'm so happy for you Kristin.

5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristen - I got to your site through a Chinese adoption site... I too adopted from Guatemala and live in Wisconsin...

http://galica.typepad.com

Where do you live?

Nan

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home