Sunday, May 21, 2006

Almost to that point

This waiting game is hard. Harder than I ever would have imagined. You just can't understand until you are in the thick of it just how difficult it is. And while I know that all of our family, friends, co-workers, etc. are well meaning in their inquiries about our adoption process, I am just about to the point where I am going to rip someone's head off the next time I hear "Any news yet?". There is one woman in the choir I belong to who has asked me that very question every time I've seen her in the past two weeks. This normally isn't that often but we're in concert season so between rehearsal and performances I've seen her about 6 times! Today I finally said to her, "You know, I don't hear updates all that often so NOTHING is new since I saw you on Thursday night." Was that rude? Because I don't mean to be rude, I'm just telling it like it is. Besides, I'm pretty sure when the day arrives that we DO have good news to share people will NOT have to ask, I'll be shouting it out before they can even open their mouths to form a sentence! So I guess this is going to continue and there isn't much I can do about it, but it's annoying! Does anyone know of a giant rock that I can crawl under and hide from the world until we are out of PGN??

And as far as that goes, I'm trying to stay positive and believe that things truly are getting better in PGN though I just don't know if that's the case. I've been scouring the internet for news and have indeed read reports that yes people are getting out of PGN now, but I also hear that there are many still stuck, some cases from December, January, February...how is this fair? As much as I want our case to zoom through without problems, I also want those case that are "stuck" to be resolved so those families can move on as well. I can only pray that this new head of PGN gets his head out of his ass fairly shortly and realizes that he's only hurting the children of his country by not allowing them to move on to their forever families. So come on Mr. PGN dude (probably not his official title) let's get things moving down there!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry for all the anguish the wait is causing you. I am sure it's so maddening. If only yhey could have given you a date, a definite date, when this all started and then you would have a goal, or countdown, etc.

I am sure that people mean well, but they must driving you nuts. I would be in hiding most likely.

Hope this is a week for good news.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Well-heeled mom said...

Unfortunately, many of the higher-ups in Guatemala are not pro-adoption.

I finally just started staying home. I became a recluse after about 12 weeks in PGN because I got so tired of the questions. Of course I went to work, but was such a bitch these people left me alone!!!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Dennise said...

Hang in there. Keep in mind that the end is near. With that being said, the wait is horrible. During our 49 days wait it seemed like I got those questions every hour. It drove me nuts.

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The waiting sucks for sure! I hope the new PGN dude gets things moving soon.

I stopped looking people in the eye and avoided all conversations after awhile. I basically became unapproachable during our 3 month wait in PGN.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

Kristin, I thought I left a comment here already - I'm so sorry for the waiting torture.

I hope you hear good news soon.

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home