Monday, May 01, 2006

Moving on

Well...I knew that the massive high I was on last week after coming back from our trip was not going to last forever and I was correct. After almost a week of people asking how our trip was and gawking at pictures and asking the same questions over and over ("Was it hard to give him back?" and "Now when do you get to bring him home?" seem to be the favorites), the attention is getting to be not fun anymore and I'm feeling a little bit cranky. Don't get me wrong, I love that people are interested and care about what's happening in our lives, but now I'm trying to get back into my "normal" routine and not think about it because I'm going to drive myself insane! I'm just missing my little boy so much, it hurts SO MUCH to know that he's in Guatemala and I'm here and I have no clue how long it's going to be before we can bring him home. I'm just praying that we at least hear that we're in PGN soon (it's a holiday in Guatemala today so we didn't get an update from our attorney today as usual). Then I can start counting days, weeks, whatever and go from there. I know it may be a long haul but all we can do is hope for the best.

Anyway, at least I'm super busy with work and that is keeping me occupied. I'm actually traveling to New York on Wednesday and I'll be there until the end of the week so I'll be really busy and the week should go quickly. Unfortunately at the same time I'll be mostly computerless while I'm away! Eeek! I don't know if I can go 3 days without being able to check my e-mail every 5 minutes! It might just be my demise, I'm not kidding. I already told my boss that I'm going to confiscate her laptop at least twice a day so I can check my e-mails and make sure there's no news!

Then this coming Saturday after I get home my friends are throwing me a baby shower! I'm so excited and I can't wait! It's not even so much the gifts I'm psyched about (though that's obviously the main point of it and that'll be great), but it's more like I finally get to join this club that I've been trying to get into for so many years! The official "mommy to be" club! It's hard to explain but if you've deal with IF in your lifetime then I think you know what I mean. I've spent so many years avoiding baby showers, or going to them with a fake smile on my face and breaking down in tears all the way home. But this time it's so different and I'm so thrilled that I have these great friends who are doing this for me! But anyway, that's enough mush talk for tonight. Have a great week everybody!

3 Comments:

Blogger Well-heeled mom said...

We were in PGN for 4 months. I got so tired of the "Are you ever getting him home?" that I became a hermit. Work and home. That's it. I know nobody realized how insensitive it was to keep saying that, but still - get a clue, people.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Tiff said...

I hope you have a great trip and hurry back. Can't wait to hear how the shower goes! :)

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh gosh, I hated those questions. I would purposely try to steer people away from adoption talk so as not to go totally crazy. I hope you speed through PGN. I certainly know how hard it is to wait after you've already held him.

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home