Sunday, December 11, 2005

Nothing new

Ho hum…nothing much to talk about. It’s funny because when I started this blog I thought I would have so much to say but I guess we are just in a limbo state now. I have gotten a little more into the Christmas spirit and did a little decorating and power shopped my way through the majority of our list. I hope our family doesn’t expect as much from us as they received in years past since we are on a much tighter budget this year. They’ll get over it.

No news on a referral yet, not that I’m surprised since it’s only been a few days, but I guess we could technically hear something at any time. That is exciting but it also makes me sad to think that there are so many women in that country that have to make the decision to give up their child. I have actually been thinking about that a lot lately and I get a little emotional over the subject. I cannot imagine having to give up my child but I feel so thankful and blessed that we are able to give that child a better chance in life than they would have had otherwise. At least I hope we can, I have been feeling a little insecure in my parenting abilities lately but that is a subject for another day…

So I’ll leave you with a shot of Molly, Santa’s back-up reindeer, with her faithful sidekick Tabby the cat. She is waiting patiently for “the call” in case she is needed this year, in the mean time she's hanging out watching Animal Planet!




1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can imagine the thoughts that are going through your mind...and just hope you don't have too long a wait so they don't get out of control. Thinking is good, but there is such a thing as too much thinking....believe me I KNOW!

As far as being a good parent - we all wonder on that one, and I often question my parenting abilities now that I am a mum to an active boundary-pushing toddler!
What makes a good parent? To me the most important sign is my happy child. Meanwhile...I'm flying by the seat of my pants!!

Good luck with EVERYTHING - Christmas preparations, waiting, thinking, surviving the holiday season...and getting that special referral SOON...

btw Molly makes a very cute back-up reindeer!

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home