Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Winding Down

Well, our home visit on Friday was quick and painless and our home study is officially complete. Our social worker said she should have it all typed up and ready to go by the end of this week. We have all of the reference letters and documents that we need for the dossier paperwork, now we just have to send out for state seals on everything (what a pain…in WI we have to pay $10 per state seal, one for each notarized document in our dossier packet which equals 18 seals total). Our international coordinator told us she had the agency put us on the waiting list as soon as she had verbal confirmation that the home study was ok, so we could get a referral at any time even though we aren’t quite paper ready!

And while I’m thrilled that everything is coming together and the paper chase is calming down a bit, I feel that I am slowly but surely losing control of the situation. As soon as we get a referral and all the documents are sent out all we can really do is wait. And I don’t like to wait. I must admit that throughout our 4 years of TTC I learned to have much more patience than I had in the past, but that doesn’t mean I like sitting around waiting for things to happen! So I know that once I don’t have reference letters to chase down, applications to fill out, or social workers to tell my life story to, I am going to go just a little bit nuts with the waiting!

Anyone have any words of advice for a control freak like me? How do I go from a constant state of impending deadlines to sitting back and letting things happen without going insane? Am I going to have to resort to actually Christmas shopping, decorating and writing out Christmas cards?!? The horror of it all! ;)

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

On the waiting list, that's great! Does that mean you specified lawyers? Wow, the call could come anytime. I can't wait.

It seems like things are moving pretty fast for you. That is awesome.

As for waiting...for me that was easier than knowing I was responsible for completing something so unfortunately, I don't have any advice.

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whew all the hard work is over....now just the waiting....

Yes I can understand your concerns of how you are going to handle the waiting, but YOU WILL!

My advice is to throw yourself into Holiday celebrations, like you never have before....spend your waiting time shopping and decorating, make your house a festive place - a home that's ready to celebrate....because despite the wait, you WILL have a wonderful new reason to celebrate soon....

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! This is such awesome news....what is the time frame though...I know, an annoying questions, but like 2 mos. 6 mos? do they give you a hint? I am so happy for you, and so excited!!

Kerri

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home