Friday, November 18, 2005

Freaking out a little

Information overload! So much to do and I want it done yesterday! We met with our international coordinator today and she gave us all the dossier paperwork that needs to be compiled. It's not nearly as scary as I had imagined but a daunting task nonetheless.

And I am having all of these weird thoughts and feelings right now that I can't quite explain. Things are moving so fast with the home study, and now we are going to try to get the dossier done as soon as possible and I feel a little overwhelmed. Then she said there is nobody on the waiting list for boys from Guatemala right now so as soon as our homestudy is complete we could have a referral right away! That is exciting but kind of scary at the same time. I feel like I want my baby home right now...but at the same time I'm not ready. Does that make sense? I realize there is going to be a lot of waiting around once we get the referral but it is starting to feel so real...what the hell have we gotten ourselves into?!?

I'm stressed...I can't sleep...I keep thinking, am I ready to be a mommy? We have waited for this so long and suddenly I'm so unsure. What is wrong with me?

Anyway, I'll try to get some sleep now...sweet dreams!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Gosh, I sure know that feeling. I went through the same thing. I think its normal.

There are still days when I think, what am I doing...holy crap I'm a mom.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Tiff said...

Don't worry, I have been feeling the same way. It's something we have all waited so long for and it's hard to come to the realization that things are actually happening.

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd say that is a perfectly normal way to feel....maybe that's why it takes 40 weeks to "grow" a baby - so the parents have time to get used to the idea and plan etc. Adoption changes the entire playing field....and I'm sure it must be a weird feeling to not really know when....but know it could happen any day - that a child is to come into your family at long last. Be brave and GET READY!

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there! What exactly is a dossier? I have always wondered that! I didn't know you chose BOY, that is fun to know....what made you pick boy ? Will you pick a new name for him or will it depend on his name already? I am so impressed with Brian and his cleaning, etc....and don't worry, adoption, birth, you are never truly ready, but it's all wonderful!!!

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home