Wednesday, November 16, 2005

My husband, the saint

Have I mentioned lately what a great guy I married? I'm sure I haven't said it nearly enough. After 8 1/2 years together we have definitely had our ups and downs...there were even times when I didn't know if we were going to make it this far...but here we are still together! And he not only puts up with my occasional bitchiness, but he also takes care of me far better than what I think I deserve!

I have to admit, I wasn't sure what to expect from him when we signed up with the adoption agency. He isn't one to show a lot of emotion over anything in general, and despite the fact that he told me over and over he was ready to take this step I still felt that I was the one making the decision and he was just along for the ride. But step by step I have seen him get more and more involved...granted he hasn't filled out much paperwork because he has terrible handwriting and I am a control freak so it has to be done perfectly to my standards...but other than that every task I have given him he's come through on. I still have to prod him a little but mostly he gets it done. ;)

Then lately I have had several of our friends say how excited he seems about the adoption and how he talks about it all the time! What? He talks about it all the time?? I had no idea! I mean, we talk about it all the time to each other because this is our life right now, but I had no idea he was so anxious to share with other people! So much for not telling everyone...I guess the cat's out of the bag!

Then on Monday night, almost as soon as we got home from our first home study meeting, he started cleaning the house! Our social worker had told us some things she looks for in a home visit, including keeping all cleaning supplies up and out of reach because she doesn't trust those little plastic cabinet child-proofer thingys (I don't know what they're called...you know what I mean). So here he was pulling all of the cleaning supplies out from under the kitchen sink and reorganizing to find a higher place to put them. He reorganized half the cabinets in the kitchen and this big one in our laundry room to get all of that stuff up and out of the way! Then last night he came home with a buzillion outlet covers and was plugging every unused outlet in our house, the garage, and maybe even the neighbor's house, I'm not sure! Tonight when I got home he had cleaned the bathroom and mopped the floor! Oh yeah, and he was putting laundry away when I came in...I think I need to work late more often!

Anyway, I guess what I'm saying is my husband is the best and I'm so glad he is so excited to become a daddy! I apologize for this uncharacteristically sappy message...tomorrow I'll be back to bitching about something I'm sure! In the mean time if you ever happen to read this honey...I LOVE YOU!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He sounds wonderful. It must really warm your heart to know how excited he is too.
As far as all that child-proofing....I wish we had done it properly BEFORE Mason came along. I'm still discovering new dangers every day!

So far I have moved cleaning products up high inc. dishwashing liquid/powders; moved the glasses up high; put all medicines in a childproof plastic container and put out of reach; power outlet covers; electrical cords out of the way...none snaking across the floor or dangling near the edge of a table; removed our coffee table whilst Mason was crawling and in danger of banging into the corners; removed unsecure bookcase; always close the doors to the following rooms- toilet, bathroom, study, laundry and any other out of baby-bounds rooms

Good luck and don't forget to hug that wonderful hubby of yours...and tell him how you are feeling!

4:51 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Wow, your husband sounds like a great guy. You know, our house could use some baby proofing as well. Can you send him over? Don't you love it when you find out they are as excited as you are?

4:49 AM  
Blogger Dennise said...

It is amazing what we can learn of our dh in this journey. My dh was the same way. I felt like I was dragging him kicking and screaming. But he surprised me to no end during the homestudy and meetings with our case manager. Give your dh a big hug from me.

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home