Saturday, March 29, 2008

Easter grass is evil

It's now almost a full week past Easter Sunday and I'm still finding little translucent strands of plastic Easter grass all over my house! Now I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the best housekeeper, so it's not like I've vaccuumed everyday or anything, but the vacuum has run at least once since then and somehow the stuff seems to hide from it! Whoever invented that stuff should be shot, who says candy needs a decorative bed of fake grass to sit on/sink into?? Ugh!

Oh well, at least it was a nice Easter spent with family (though colder than we would have liked...and it SNOWED...) and Cameron had a great time. He got 4 (yes, that's right 4) Easter baskets this year. One from daycare, one from mom and dad (aka the Easter Bunny), and one from each Grandma. His favorite part by far was hunting for eggs, though he definitely has a sweet tooth so the massive amounts of candy were a big plus as well! Now I have spent the week trying to ration the candy that he is consuming while not consuming too much myself. No easy task.

I know I'm a little late but here are some pictures from the holiday. (Jenn - no I'm not in any of these either because I'm always the one TAKING the pictures...talk to my husband about it!)
Coloring Easter Eggs...note that Cameron's fingers were actually picking up more dye than the eggs!








Who says that an Easter basket can't double as a hat? (All that candy makes a boy do strange things...)








I can't imagine HOW that Easter grass got all over the house...








EGGS!!






Yay for Pl@y-Doh, that Easter Bunny knows what's fun! (FYI, Pl@y-Doh is evil as well...I'll be vacuuming up little tiny dried up pieces of that stuff until he outgrows it...sigh)








And it was a bit cold but we still managed to get outside and play in the sun. I think that swingset in the backyard is going to get a lot more use this year!




3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute pictures. I bought the evil grass but didn't end up using it for that reason.

6:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yes, the Easter grass! Here too. Some is pink in my house, some is green....... Cameron is so cute!

email me when you have ...ha...free time.

Kerri

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I see why that easter grass keeps appearing - thank goodness none of that stuff found it's way into our house!
Love the pics, even if you aren't in them LOL. Andy has always been our family photographer, but she's trained me up to make sure there are at least a couple with her in them too! You will have to work on your hubby!
That easter egg decorating looks fun, we are going to have to give it a go next year.
Great to get another update and see more pics of your very handsome little man.
best wishes
Jennette

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home