Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy 4th!

The 4th of July has never been a big holiday for me. Not that I don't appreciate the whole Independence celebration, it's nice to see everyone show off their patriotism especially nowadays. And and I definitely enjoy the extra day off work (except when it falls on a Wednesday it sort of blows...but I'll take what I can get)! But I'm not a big fireworks lover, I hate the crowds and I HATE that the noise in my neighborhood will most likely last well past my bedtime, which will keep me awake due to the fact that my dog (who is terrified of fireworks) will be cowering near or on my head most of the night which makes it difficult to sleep.
That being said I must say that last year turned out to be an AWESOME 4th of July and now the holiday has sort of special meaning to our family. It was one year ago, on the 3rd of July actually, that we found out we had PINK and would be able to go to Guatemala and at long last bring our precious son home! I would say I remember it so well...but to be honest the whole day and week after is such a blur with so much going on! But now on this 4th of July holiday I get these warm fuzzies thinking about a year ago and how exciting that time was. After so much waiting the time had come!

Anyway, today things are MUCH different and we've spent the morning chasing our independent little toddler around the yard! He's so darn funny and cute right now but such a handful! Oh well, it's all good. Also we're trying to clean out the house and price stuff for our upcoming rummage sale. We've pretty much decided that Cameron will be our only child, and if we DID have another we'd just buy new stuff rather than pack rat all this baby stuff forever. So I've been doing my best to purge the house of clothes that Cameron's grown out of, toys that he shows no interest in, and other useless crap that we have taking up space all over the place. It feels good in a way but in other ways it is so hard to give up some things. I literally had a little breakdown this morning as I was piling up all of Cameron's outgrown 12M footie pajamas. I don't know why packing up THOSE hit harder than any of his other clothes but they did. He was just so darn cute in those pj's and could see the little scuffed knees from him crawling in them and I know he'll never be that small again. He's growing up so fast! I remember putting him in them in the fall when he was swimming in them because they were so big...and now he barely fits them and I know they won't fit at all come this fall. I know, I need to get over and move on but it's hard. I do have a little stash of special clothing items and toys that I won't get rid of...at least not yet...but you can't hold on to everything. *sigh*

Anyway, I better get back to my purging of the house. My husband has been through this room several times giving me the "Aren't you off the computer yet?" look so I better get out and help him! Naptime is almost over!

Here's a couple pictures too (which may be scattered all over this post...I have the worst time with pictures in my posts...). My Mom and Dad got Cameron this cool jeep at a rummage sale and he loves it! It's a "Flinstone Car" as I call them, he has to use his feet to make it go. He's about an inch too short to get it to go forward really well but he's good at reverse! Mostly he just likes to open the door and climb in and out of it anyway! Then there's my cool dude wearing Mommy's sunglasses. Check out all those teeth!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can relate Kristin, to shedding a tear...realizing our boy is growing so quickly...remembering...

I too have a little stash (which is quickly growing!) of Mason's grown-out-of clothes and a few little baby toys that I just can't bear to part with. I've decided to indulge myself, and use the wooden trunk in our bedroom to store these precious memory items.

It's a mommy thing. We are allowed to be sentimental!

I bet all celebrations are much more fun now you have Cameron in your life!

btw he is adorable!

best wishes
Jennette

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kristin,

I did post a month or so ago so not sure if you saw this or not but if you didn't, I am not sure if you remember me from the "Sheknow" days, I was TTC around the same time as you and posted heaps when you where moderator and found a link to your blog just recenty. I have recently become a mum myself to Josh who is now 8 months old through my 8th cycle of IVF)Anyway......
I managed to find some time and come back to your blog and read some more and your story is truely inspirational and I am so happy for you. Your little Cameron is just adorable and I have really enjoyed reading your blog so thank you. I can certainly relate to our little ones growing up so quickly, I think it makes it even harder when you have waited such along time for them to be in your lives you just want to freeze time but on the positive it is such a joy seeing them grow and each milestone is so exciting. Well I must go... look forward to more updates on Cameron and I hope you don't mind me posting here from time to time.

Caroline xo

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off, what cute pictures! I can't believe how much he's grown.

The 4th is special to us for the same reason! Our 2-yr family day is July 15, but we knew by the 4th that we were out of PGN and waiting for Pink.

I can completely relate about getting rid of the clothing. Just the thought of it makes me sad. I'm relieved to know we will have another boy just so that I don't even have to try to get rid of them yet. The footie PJ's....Oy! Something about them is just so sweet.

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI. I love the latest pictures of "C" man and that cool yellow car! I too understand about putting things away. It's like part of me was thrilled to get that FP swing out of the way, and now I eye the exersaucer the same way, but then...alas, we can't go back and then they aren't little babies anymore. It's tough!

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home